Man sentenced to death for rape and murder
Bolpur: A man was today sentenced to death by a local court for the rape and murder of an eight-year-old girl at a village in Birbhum district in December, 2011.
Additional district Judge, Bolpur court Justice Manas Basu sentenced the man, Binay Majhi,a neighbor of the hapless girl, to death.
Majhi had lured the girl away with the promise of giving her chocolates while she was playing with another girl near her maternal uncle`s home at Santara village under Nanoor police station on December 9, 2011, government lawyer, Tapan Kumar Dey said.
When the girl did not return home at night, her parents and neighbours, started searching for her and came to know from the friend she was playing with, that Majhi had taken her away.
A mob then raided Majhi?s house where he confessed his crime. Later the body of the girl was recovered from a village pond.
Majhi had raped her and when the victim threatened to disclose it he strangled her.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read