Man sentenced to life for killing teenage girl
Tiruvarur: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing a teenage girl in Edamelayur in one sided love affair in 2011.
Sessions court Judge Narayanaswamy said the prosecution had proved the case and sentenced him to life imprisonment on Saturday.
The prosecution case was that the 23-year-old man fell in love with the 18-year-old girl of Edamelayur. As she did not return the love, he hacked her to death when she was picking fuel wood in a garden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter