Man sentenced to life for killing teenage girl
Tiruvarur: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing a teenage girl in Edamelayur in one sided love affair in 2011.
Sessions court Judge Narayanaswamy said the prosecution had proved the case and sentenced him to life imprisonment on Saturday.
The prosecution case was that the 23-year-old man fell in love with the 18-year-old girl of Edamelayur. As she did not return the love, he hacked her to death when she was picking fuel wood in a garden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi