Man sentenced to life for killing teenage girl
Tiruvarur: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing a teenage girl in Edamelayur in one sided love affair in 2011.
Sessions court Judge Narayanaswamy said the prosecution had proved the case and sentenced him to life imprisonment on Saturday.
The prosecution case was that the 23-year-old man fell in love with the 18-year-old girl of Edamelayur. As she did not return the love, he hacked her to death when she was picking fuel wood in a garden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?