Man sentenced to life for killing teenage girl
Tiruvarur: A local court has sentenced a man to life imprisonment for killing a teenage girl in Edamelayur in one sided love affair in 2011.
Sessions court Judge Narayanaswamy said the prosecution had proved the case and sentenced him to life imprisonment on Saturday.
The prosecution case was that the 23-year-old man fell in love with the 18-year-old girl of Edamelayur. As she did not return the love, he hacked her to death when she was picking fuel wood in a garden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- LIVE: Jallikattu protests turn violent, vehicles near Ice House Police station set on fire
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog