Man sentenced to life for raping minor in UP
Muzaffarnagar: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a court here for raping a 12-year-old girl in 2009.
Additional District and Sessions Judge Lukmanul Haq also imposed a fine of Rs 10,000 on the convict Jony after holding him guilty Wednesday.
The girl, who belongs to a tribal community, was raped by her neighbour Jony when she was going to give lunch to her father who was working in the fields.
The convict, who also belongs to a tribal community, is already serving a jail term in another rape case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'