Man sentenced to life imprisonment
Azamgarh: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a 2005 attempt to murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge A P Arvind yesterday held Raja Singh guilty in the case.
In February, 2005, Mangru Singh, Raja Singh and Sonu Singh hurled a bomb at a grocery shop which left a customer Ashraf seriously injured.
While Mangru and Sonu have already been sentenced to life imprisonment by the court, the trial in Raja`s case could not start as he was absconding.
The trial started after Raja surrendered four years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore