Man sentenced to life imprisonment
Azamgarh: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a 2005 attempt to murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge A P Arvind yesterday held Raja Singh guilty in the case.
In February, 2005, Mangru Singh, Raja Singh and Sonu Singh hurled a bomb at a grocery shop which left a customer Ashraf seriously injured.
While Mangru and Sonu have already been sentenced to life imprisonment by the court, the trial in Raja`s case could not start as he was absconding.
The trial started after Raja surrendered four years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?