Man sentenced to life imprisonment
Azamgarh: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a 2005 attempt to murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge A P Arvind yesterday held Raja Singh guilty in the case.
In February, 2005, Mangru Singh, Raja Singh and Sonu Singh hurled a bomb at a grocery shop which left a customer Ashraf seriously injured.
While Mangru and Sonu have already been sentenced to life imprisonment by the court, the trial in Raja`s case could not start as he was absconding.
The trial started after Raja surrendered four years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India