Man sentenced to life imprisonment
Azamgarh: A man has been sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in connection with a 2005 attempt to murder case.
Additional District and Sessions Judge A P Arvind yesterday held Raja Singh guilty in the case.
In February, 2005, Mangru Singh, Raja Singh and Sonu Singh hurled a bomb at a grocery shop which left a customer Ashraf seriously injured.
While Mangru and Sonu have already been sentenced to life imprisonment by the court, the trial in Raja`s case could not start as he was absconding.
The trial started after Raja surrendered four years back.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview