Man shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A man was shot dead in his car by three men Friday morning in Sahibabad, police said.
Omvir Singh, 60, was shot dead near Ambe Hospital by three men on a motorcycle. Singh`s son Praveen, who was driving the car, escaped unhurt.
The incident occurred in Lajpat Nagar quarters near Hindon Air Force station.
Praveen told police that this was the third attempt to kill his father, who was a prime witness to his elder brother`s murder in 2012.
"A case has been registered against three people on Praveen`s complaint. Raids are on to nab them," said Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read