Man shot dead in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: A man was shot dead in his car by three men Friday morning in Sahibabad, police said.
Omvir Singh, 60, was shot dead near Ambe Hospital by three men on a motorcycle. Singh`s son Praveen, who was driving the car, escaped unhurt.
The incident occurred in Lajpat Nagar quarters near Hindon Air Force station.
Praveen told police that this was the third attempt to kill his father, who was a prime witness to his elder brother`s murder in 2012.
"A case has been registered against three people on Praveen`s complaint. Raids are on to nab them," said Superintendent of Police (City) Shiv Shankar Yadav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what