Man shot dead over old enmity
Greater Noida: A person was killed allegedly by three men over an old enmity in Dankaur area of Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
The body of Bharti Balmiki, with bullet wound, was found in fields this morning, said Vijay Singh, Dankaur SHO.
Agitated over the death, villagers put the body on road and blocked traffic for hours, police said, adding that they were demanding arrest of the accused.
The blockade was lifted after senior police officials reached the spot and assured the agitating villagers of action.
Balmiki, a resident of Bilaspur, went missing last evening and his body was found today, police said.
Three person, Leelu, Jite and Mustafa, have been booked for the murder, the SHO said, adding that they are absconding.
According to sources, Balmiki`s sister was allegedly kidnapped last year by one of the three accused.
Balmiki had filed a complaint against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future