Man shot dead over old enmity
Greater Noida: A person was killed allegedly by three men over an old enmity in Dankaur area of Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
The body of Bharti Balmiki, with bullet wound, was found in fields this morning, said Vijay Singh, Dankaur SHO.
Agitated over the death, villagers put the body on road and blocked traffic for hours, police said, adding that they were demanding arrest of the accused.
The blockade was lifted after senior police officials reached the spot and assured the agitating villagers of action.
Balmiki, a resident of Bilaspur, went missing last evening and his body was found today, police said.
Three person, Leelu, Jite and Mustafa, have been booked for the murder, the SHO said, adding that they are absconding.
According to sources, Balmiki`s sister was allegedly kidnapped last year by one of the three accused.
Balmiki had filed a complaint against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part II
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?- Part III
- India is 35th member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Wimbledon: British No. 3 Kyle Edmund faces 1st round exit.
- 'Bad cholesterol not linked to elderly deaths'
- Women's Kabaddi challenge set for debut, to begin alongside men's Pro Kabaddi
- Shahid Kapoor’s on-screen cousin 'Jassi' from 'Udta Punjab' will make you go weak in the knees – Pics inside
- Woman raped by husband, his brothers in Rajasthan; Maneka Gandhi asks NCW to probe