Man shot dead over old enmity
Greater Noida: A person was killed allegedly by three men over an old enmity in Dankaur area of Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
The body of Bharti Balmiki, with bullet wound, was found in fields this morning, said Vijay Singh, Dankaur SHO.
Agitated over the death, villagers put the body on road and blocked traffic for hours, police said, adding that they were demanding arrest of the accused.
The blockade was lifted after senior police officials reached the spot and assured the agitating villagers of action.
Balmiki, a resident of Bilaspur, went missing last evening and his body was found today, police said.
Three person, Leelu, Jite and Mustafa, have been booked for the murder, the SHO said, adding that they are absconding.
According to sources, Balmiki`s sister was allegedly kidnapped last year by one of the three accused.
Balmiki had filed a complaint against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog