Man shot dead over old enmity
Greater Noida: A person was killed allegedly by three men over an old enmity in Dankaur area of Gautam Buddh Nagar district.
The body of Bharti Balmiki, with bullet wound, was found in fields this morning, said Vijay Singh, Dankaur SHO.
Agitated over the death, villagers put the body on road and blocked traffic for hours, police said, adding that they were demanding arrest of the accused.
The blockade was lifted after senior police officials reached the spot and assured the agitating villagers of action.
Balmiki, a resident of Bilaspur, went missing last evening and his body was found today, police said.
Three person, Leelu, Jite and Mustafa, have been booked for the murder, the SHO said, adding that they are absconding.
According to sources, Balmiki`s sister was allegedly kidnapped last year by one of the three accused.
Balmiki had filed a complaint against him, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured