Man, son sentenced to life for murder
Basti: A man and his son were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a four-year-old murder case.
Judge Aftab Alam held Anil Pal and his son Avneesh guilty yesterday for killing Ramjeet Chaudhary, a government employee near Farda village in February 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 11,000 on each of the accused. Three other accused were acquitted for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- US prosecutors drop all charges in Freddie Gray death
- Leigh Griffiths puts struggling Celtic in Champions League driving seat
- Reality TV personality Khloe Kardashian slams Donald Trump
- New music by Beatles legend George Harrison to be released
- Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh to visit Pakistan in August for SAARC meet