Man, son sentenced to life for murder
Basti: A man and his son were sentenced to life imprisonment by a local court here in a four-year-old murder case.
Judge Aftab Alam held Anil Pal and his son Avneesh guilty yesterday for killing Ramjeet Chaudhary, a government employee near Farda village in February 2008.
The court also imposed a fine of Rs 11,000 on each of the accused. Three other accused were acquitted for lack of evidence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown