Man stoned to death over relationship with Dalit woman
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected ‘horror killing’, a man involved in a relationship with a Dalit woman was stoned to death allegedly by her community members, police
said on Thursday.
Forty eight-year-old widower Prem Singh of Thakur caste was in a relationship with the woman for the past few years, which was opposed by her community members, they said.
Singh was cornered near the woman`s house in Umarpur village here last evening and beaten to death after being attacked with bricks and stones by a group of Dalit men,
Deputy SP Rajesh Kumar said.
Police have registered a case against four accused - Rishipal, Ishwar, Kala and Guddu - who are absconding and a search is going on to nab them, he said, adding, security has
been tightened in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what