Man stoned to death over relationship with Dalit woman
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected ‘horror killing’, a man involved in a relationship with a Dalit woman was stoned to death allegedly by her community members, police
said on Thursday.
Forty eight-year-old widower Prem Singh of Thakur caste was in a relationship with the woman for the past few years, which was opposed by her community members, they said.
Singh was cornered near the woman`s house in Umarpur village here last evening and beaten to death after being attacked with bricks and stones by a group of Dalit men,
Deputy SP Rajesh Kumar said.
Police have registered a case against four accused - Rishipal, Ishwar, Kala and Guddu - who are absconding and a search is going on to nab them, he said, adding, security has
been tightened in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’