Man stoned to death over relationship with Dalit woman
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected ‘horror killing’, a man involved in a relationship with a Dalit woman was stoned to death allegedly by her community members, police
said on Thursday.
Forty eight-year-old widower Prem Singh of Thakur caste was in a relationship with the woman for the past few years, which was opposed by her community members, they said.
Singh was cornered near the woman`s house in Umarpur village here last evening and beaten to death after being attacked with bricks and stones by a group of Dalit men,
Deputy SP Rajesh Kumar said.
Police have registered a case against four accused - Rishipal, Ishwar, Kala and Guddu - who are absconding and a search is going on to nab them, he said, adding, security has
been tightened in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Indrani Mukerjea's condition critical due to drug overdose; Maha govt orders inquiry
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview
- Singh Is Bliing movie review: Watch it for Akshay Kumar!
- Watch: NASA releases best images of Pluto's largest moon, Charon