Man stoned to death over relationship with Dalit woman
Muzaffarnagar: In a suspected ‘horror killing’, a man involved in a relationship with a Dalit woman was stoned to death allegedly by her community members, police
said on Thursday.
Forty eight-year-old widower Prem Singh of Thakur caste was in a relationship with the woman for the past few years, which was opposed by her community members, they said.
Singh was cornered near the woman`s house in Umarpur village here last evening and beaten to death after being attacked with bricks and stones by a group of Dalit men,
Deputy SP Rajesh Kumar said.
Police have registered a case against four accused - Rishipal, Ishwar, Kala and Guddu - who are absconding and a search is going on to nab them, he said, adding, security has
been tightened in the village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?