Man ties wife, beats her to death
Agra: A man thrashed his wife to death with a wooden hammer after tying her hands and feet and rounded up the ghastly act by stabbing her with a scissor on Friday evening, police said here on Saturday.
The unsuspecting wife was trapped as the room bolted from inside and tied her hands and feet with an electric wire. Her shouts for help were drowned as the television was set at full volume.
Inspector Arun Kumar said preliminary inquiries and evidence suggested Seema, 35, who was living separately with her three children was killed by her husband Ram Agarwal.
Police officers rushed to the rented room in Lashkarpur area after neighbours complained.
The husband Ram Agarwal has been identified as the main accused, while his accomplice who is believed to be a drunkard, is still to be tracked and identified, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says