Man tries to immolate himself outside Assembly building
Lucknow: Apparently depressed over
grabbing of his land, a man on Monday tried to immolate himself in
front of the Assembly building while the session was on,
police sources said.
Haroon, a resident of Malihabad on outskirts of state
capital, was immediately detained by police as he tried to set
himself afire outside the Vidhan Bhawan, they said, adding he
did not suffer any injuries.
Haroon, who is in his 30s, told the police that his
land had been grabbed by some persons in Malihabad, the
sources said, adding the police were probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'