Man tries to immolate himself outside Assembly building
Lucknow: Apparently depressed over
grabbing of his land, a man on Monday tried to immolate himself in
front of the Assembly building while the session was on,
police sources said.
Haroon, a resident of Malihabad on outskirts of state
capital, was immediately detained by police as he tried to set
himself afire outside the Vidhan Bhawan, they said, adding he
did not suffer any injuries.
Haroon, who is in his 30s, told the police that his
land had been grabbed by some persons in Malihabad, the
sources said, adding the police were probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- WOW! Sachin Tendulkar fulfills promise; gifts BMWs to Sakshi, Dipa, Sindhu and Gopichand
- Germany expects up to 300,000 migrants this year
- Kangana Ranaut flies to US to prepare for role in 'Simran'
- CIL strike: Government open to discussions, says Power Minister
- Khans of Bollywood hungry to do different roles: Shoojit Sircar