Man tries to immolate himself outside Assembly building
Lucknow: Apparently depressed over
grabbing of his land, a man on Monday tried to immolate himself in
front of the Assembly building while the session was on,
police sources said.
Haroon, a resident of Malihabad on outskirts of state
capital, was immediately detained by police as he tried to set
himself afire outside the Vidhan Bhawan, they said, adding he
did not suffer any injuries.
Haroon, who is in his 30s, told the police that his
land had been grabbed by some persons in Malihabad, the
sources said, adding the police were probing the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened