Man tries to immolate self, family
Azamgarh (UP): A man on Monday tried to immolate self and his family in front of the Superintendent of Police office here alleging land grabbing by a BSP MLA.
Nisar Ahmad of Kotila village reached near SP`s office with his wife and two children and tried to immolate entire family by sprinkling kerosene oil alleging his land was grabbed by BSP MLA Shah Alam, SP Arvind Sen said.
He was, however, arrested as soon as he tried to do so, SP said, adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
BSP MLA Alam denied the allegations and said it was a political conspiracy against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH