Man tries to immolate self, family
Azamgarh (UP): A man on Monday tried to immolate self and his family in front of the Superintendent of Police office here alleging land grabbing by a BSP MLA.
Nisar Ahmad of Kotila village reached near SP`s office with his wife and two children and tried to immolate entire family by sprinkling kerosene oil alleging his land was grabbed by BSP MLA Shah Alam, SP Arvind Sen said.
He was, however, arrested as soon as he tried to do so, SP said, adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
BSP MLA Alam denied the allegations and said it was a political conspiracy against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS