Man tries to immolate self, family
Azamgarh (UP): A man on Monday tried to immolate self and his family in front of the Superintendent of Police office here alleging land grabbing by a BSP MLA.
Nisar Ahmad of Kotila village reached near SP`s office with his wife and two children and tried to immolate entire family by sprinkling kerosene oil alleging his land was grabbed by BSP MLA Shah Alam, SP Arvind Sen said.
He was, however, arrested as soon as he tried to do so, SP said, adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
BSP MLA Alam denied the allegations and said it was a political conspiracy against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport