Man tries to immolate self, family
Azamgarh (UP): A man on Monday tried to immolate self and his family in front of the Superintendent of Police office here alleging land grabbing by a BSP MLA.
Nisar Ahmad of Kotila village reached near SP`s office with his wife and two children and tried to immolate entire family by sprinkling kerosene oil alleging his land was grabbed by BSP MLA Shah Alam, SP Arvind Sen said.
He was, however, arrested as soon as he tried to do so, SP said, adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
BSP MLA Alam denied the allegations and said it was a political conspiracy against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'