Man tries to immolate self, family
Azamgarh (UP): A man on Monday tried to immolate self and his family in front of the Superintendent of Police office here alleging land grabbing by a BSP MLA.
Nisar Ahmad of Kotila village reached near SP`s office with his wife and two children and tried to immolate entire family by sprinkling kerosene oil alleging his land was grabbed by BSP MLA Shah Alam, SP Arvind Sen said.
He was, however, arrested as soon as he tried to do so, SP said, adding, a probe has been ordered into the matter.
BSP MLA Alam denied the allegations and said it was a political conspiracy against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city