Man unites wife with lover, accepts her as sister
Meerut: In what seemed to be a scene straight out of a Bollywood movie, a resident of Devlok colony here united her newly wedded wife with her lover and accepted her as sister.
Nitish married Aarti on May 06, and just two days later, she told him that she was already married to her lover, Vineet, police said.
In a goodwill gesture, Nitish contacted Vineet on June 08 and asked him to take Aarti with him, DIG (Meerut) Prem Prakash said, adding before going into the legal aspects of the case, the help of a local family counselling centre will be sought into the matter.
Nitish has said he will accept Aarti as his sister now, police said.
Meanwhile, Nitish`s `sacrifice` has not gone down well with Aarti`s family and her father has threatened legal action against Nitish, Prakash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets