Man unites wife with lover, accepts her as sister
Meerut: In what seemed to be a scene straight out of a Bollywood movie, a resident of Devlok colony here united her newly wedded wife with her lover and accepted her as sister.
Nitish married Aarti on May 06, and just two days later, she told him that she was already married to her lover, Vineet, police said.
In a goodwill gesture, Nitish contacted Vineet on June 08 and asked him to take Aarti with him, DIG (Meerut) Prem Prakash said, adding before going into the legal aspects of the case, the help of a local family counselling centre will be sought into the matter.
Nitish has said he will accept Aarti as his sister now, police said.
Meanwhile, Nitish`s `sacrifice` has not gone down well with Aarti`s family and her father has threatened legal action against Nitish, Prakash said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today