Manna appointed as new IIT-Kanpur director
Kanpur: Indraneel Manna Wednesday took over the charge of Director in IIT-Kanpur, an official release said.
Manna took over the charge from his predecessor Sanjay Govind Dhande, who was on extension from July 31.
Earlier, Manna was director of Central Glass and Ceramic Research Institute, Kolkata, and professor in IIT Kharagpur.
He has earned his MTech degree from IIT-Kanpur in 1984 and started his career as a lecturer in IIT Kharagpur from 1985.
Manna has specialisation in Metallurgical Engineering.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Zee Media Exclusive: In conversation with BJP President Amit Shah