Maoist held in UP
Faizabad: A Maoist was arrested in Uttar
Pradesh`s Ambedkarnagar district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off that a rebel from Jharkhand was hiding
in a brick kiln at Alapur under the guise of a labourer,
police raided the area and arrested the extremist.
A pistol, a rifle and several live cartridges were
recovered from his possession, inspector Jai Shankar Singh
told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"We have informed the Jharkhand Police about the arrest,"
he said, adding that the Maoist was involved in cases of
attacks on security personnel and blowing up of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown