Maoist held in UP
Faizabad: A Maoist was arrested in Uttar
Pradesh`s Ambedkarnagar district, police said on Saturday.
Acting on a tip-off that a rebel from Jharkhand was hiding
in a brick kiln at Alapur under the guise of a labourer,
police raided the area and arrested the extremist.
A pistol, a rifle and several live cartridges were
recovered from his possession, inspector Jai Shankar Singh
told reporters in Ambedkar Nagar.
"We have informed the Jharkhand Police about the arrest,"
he said, adding that the Maoist was involved in cases of
attacks on security personnel and blowing up of police
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31