Maoists forcing children to make IEDs for them: SP
Latehar: A senior police officer today claimed that Maoists are abducting children to help them make IED and one of the six boys recently abducted by them died when the bomb he was handling exploded in Latehar district, about 100 km from Ranchi.
According to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj, 10-year-old Pardeshi Lohara died while handling the bomb on September 13 at Bandhua village under Heranj police station.
Under pressure from the Maoists, his family members buried the body immediately, the SP said. Getting the tip-off, the police exhumed the body yesterday and sent for post mortem, the Raj said.
The police have launched raids to trace the five other children, aged between 12 and 14, in Maoist captivity, he said.
"They abducted the children to make IEDs," the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note