Maoists forcing children to make IEDs for them: SP
Latehar: A senior police officer today claimed that Maoists are abducting children to help them make IED and one of the six boys recently abducted by them died when the bomb he was handling exploded in Latehar district, about 100 km from Ranchi.
According to Superintendent of Police Michael S Raj, 10-year-old Pardeshi Lohara died while handling the bomb on September 13 at Bandhua village under Heranj police station.
Under pressure from the Maoists, his family members buried the body immediately, the SP said. Getting the tip-off, the police exhumed the body yesterday and sent for post mortem, the Raj said.
The police have launched raids to trace the five other children, aged between 12 and 14, in Maoist captivity, he said.
"They abducted the children to make IEDs," the police officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit!
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"