Married woman goes missing in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: A 30-year-old married woman has reportedly gone missing from Bhensi village in the district with her family claiming that she has been killed by her in-laws, police said on Wednesday.
The incident came to light when the brother of Poonam, married to one Dhirender, went to meet his sister at her house in Bhensi village on the occassion of Bhai Dooj.
On not finding her there, he reported the matter to the police, alleging that Poonam has been killed by her in-laws.
A case has been registered in this connection and a probe is on, police said. In a separate incident, a 20-year-old man has been reported missing after he had gone to visit his sister in Purkazi on Bhai Dooj yesterday.
After he didn`t return home at Shahpur town a case was registered and investigation was launched.
- 54 crore Indians in grip of drought: Swaraj Abhiyan
- Justice Rastogi backs CJI Thakur's appeal to increase number of judges
- Delhi-Faizabad Express derails near Hapur; 70 injured, emergency number issued
- VVIP chopper deal probe: CBI to grill former-IAF chief SP Tyagi, his 2 brothers today; major set-back for Sonia Gandhi?
- Colombia deports top Peruvian crime lord