Martyr Hemraj`s wife duped of Rs 10 lakh
Mathura: The wife of soldier Lance Naik Hemraj, who was killed by Pakistani troops near the Line of Control, was duped of Rs 10 lakh on Friday in the presence of her brother-in-law and a relative near a petrol pump on the outskirts of Kosi town area.
In her complaint, Dharmvati, the widow of Hemraj, said that one Amit Kumar, who claimed that he was an Army officer and sent by the Army Headquarters, approached her at her native Shernagar village on Friday morning.
According to the complaint, Amit advised Dharmvati to keep the relief packages provided to her in different banks.
On his advice, she agreed to withdraw Rs 20 lakh from SBI Chhatta branch.
Accompanied by brother-in-law Bhagwan Singh, her uncle Gajendra Singh and Amit, Dharmvati reached the SBI Chhatta branch.
"Rs 20 lakh were withdrawn from the bank, out of which a fixed deposit of Rs 10 lakh was made in the same branch in favour of my daughter Shivani, whereas we planned to deposit the remaining Rs 10 lakh in a bank in nearby Bukharari village," she told police.
Dharmvati claimed that she was seated on Amit`s motorcycle, whereas her brother-in-law and uncle were on another motorcycle.
In the complaint, she mentioned that Rs 10 lakh were kept in Amit`s bag. Thereafter, all four proceeded towards Bukharari village.
"Amit stopped his motorcycle at a petrol pump near Sonu Monu Dhaba at the outskirt of Kosi town, pretending that he needed petrol for his bike," she said.
As Dharmvati got down from the motorcycle, Amit fled with the amount, the complaint alleged.
"The SOG has been asked to look into the case, the CCTV footage of the bank is being examined to arrest the man at the earliest," Senior Superintendent of Police Pradeep Yadav said.
"Though Dharmvati was asked to inform the police about any major financial transaction she makes in the bank for the safety of amount, she did not do so," SSP Yadav added.
On March 25, an attempt to fraudulently withdraw Rs 60 lakh, of the relief amount given to her, was made at a bank in Palwal district of Haryana.
A person in Palwal submitted two cheques of Rs 30 lakh each at a SBI branch to withdraw the money from the account of Dharmvati.
Lance Hemraj was killed and beheaded by Pakistani troops near the Line of Control in Poonch sector of Jammu and Kashmir on January 08.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!