Martyr Lance Naik Hemraj cremated with military honours
Mathura: Lance Naik Hemraj, one of the two soldiers brutally killed by Pakistani troops in J&K, was cremated on Wednesday night with full military honours at his native village Khairar amid chanting of `Hemraj Amar Rahen`.
The funeral pyre was lit by his five-year-old son Prince in the presence of senior civil as well as military officers.
He is survived by his wife Dharmvati, mother Meena, two daughters -- Nirmal (8), Kallo (3), son Prince and brothers Puran and Jai Singh. His father had expired two years ago.
"He was cremated with full honours," additional district magistrate Avadhesh Tiwari said.
Hemraj`s grieving mother said her son had recently visited them and did not expect that he will return in this manner.
"He had joined Army on 6th Jaunary 2001. He came on leave recently and had rejoined his job on December 20, 2012," she said.
Hemraj`s death, however, has not deterred the family from sending another son to join the Army.
"We are proud of Hemraj and we would send Prince in the Army to take revenge from the soldiers of Pakistan," Hemraj`s mother and wife said.
The body reached the village at around 8:00 PM. It was taken to his wife who simply touched the coffin.
The native village of Hemraj has been plunged into sorrow since the news of his death came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note