Martyr Lance Naik Hemraj cremated with military honours
Mathura: Lance Naik Hemraj, one of the two soldiers brutally killed by Pakistani troops in J&K, was cremated on Wednesday night with full military honours at his native village Khairar amid chanting of `Hemraj Amar Rahen`.
The funeral pyre was lit by his five-year-old son Prince in the presence of senior civil as well as military officers.
He is survived by his wife Dharmvati, mother Meena, two daughters -- Nirmal (8), Kallo (3), son Prince and brothers Puran and Jai Singh. His father had expired two years ago.
"He was cremated with full honours," additional district magistrate Avadhesh Tiwari said.
Hemraj`s grieving mother said her son had recently visited them and did not expect that he will return in this manner.
"He had joined Army on 6th Jaunary 2001. He came on leave recently and had rejoined his job on December 20, 2012," she said.
Hemraj`s death, however, has not deterred the family from sending another son to join the Army.
"We are proud of Hemraj and we would send Prince in the Army to take revenge from the soldiers of Pakistan," Hemraj`s mother and wife said.
The body reached the village at around 8:00 PM. It was taken to his wife who simply touched the coffin.
The native village of Hemraj has been plunged into sorrow since the news of his death came in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Meanwhile, Russian forces arrive in Pakistan for `Friendship 2016` joint military drill