Masked men throw acid on woman in Lucknow
Lucknow: Two unidentified men, who had their faces covered, threw acid on a woman teaching assistant in Lucknow on Tuesday and managed to escape, the police said.
The 24-year-old victim suffered the acid attack on the outskirts of Lucknow in Kakori town, while she was on her way to the school.
"We are yet to ascertain the motive behind the attack or the identity of the motorcycle-borne men who threw acid on her", Lucknow police spokesperson Vinod Kumar told reporters.
"The woman has suffered multiple burns on her back and neck. She is being treated at a hospital and her condition is stated to be out of danger", he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre