Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela
Lucknow: A massive security arrangement will be in place when the 2013 Maha Kumbh is held at Allahabad.
Additional Director General of Police Jag Mohan Yadav said the Uttar Pradesh Police will hold a high-level meeting with the Uttarakhand Police to fine-tune the security.
Fifty companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary will be deputed during the Kumbh.
These will include a senior superintendent of police, 12 assistant superintendents, 50 deputy superintendents, 50 inspectors, 550 sub-inspectors, 450 head constables and 5,800 police constables.
An estimated three crore pilgrims are expected on the Amavasya day alone, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly