Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela
Lucknow: A massive security arrangement will be in place when the 2013 Maha Kumbh is held at Allahabad.
Additional Director General of Police Jag Mohan Yadav said the Uttar Pradesh Police will hold a high-level meeting with the Uttarakhand Police to fine-tune the security.
Fifty companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary will be deputed during the Kumbh.
These will include a senior superintendent of police, 12 assistant superintendents, 50 deputy superintendents, 50 inspectors, 550 sub-inspectors, 450 head constables and 5,800 police constables.
An estimated three crore pilgrims are expected on the Amavasya day alone, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!
- After Azhar, Harbhajan Singh visits Navjot Singh Sidhu in hospital!