Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela
Lucknow: A massive security arrangement will be in place when the 2013 Maha Kumbh is held at Allahabad.
Additional Director General of Police Jag Mohan Yadav said the Uttar Pradesh Police will hold a high-level meeting with the Uttarakhand Police to fine-tune the security.
Fifty companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary will be deputed during the Kumbh.
These will include a senior superintendent of police, 12 assistant superintendents, 50 deputy superintendents, 50 inspectors, 550 sub-inspectors, 450 head constables and 5,800 police constables.
An estimated three crore pilgrims are expected on the Amavasya day alone, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!