Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela
Lucknow: A massive security arrangement will be in place when the 2013 Maha Kumbh is held at Allahabad.
Additional Director General of Police Jag Mohan Yadav said the Uttar Pradesh Police will hold a high-level meeting with the Uttarakhand Police to fine-tune the security.
Fifty companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary will be deputed during the Kumbh.
These will include a senior superintendent of police, 12 assistant superintendents, 50 deputy superintendents, 50 inspectors, 550 sub-inspectors, 450 head constables and 5,800 police constables.
An estimated three crore pilgrims are expected on the Amavasya day alone, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing