Massive security for 2013 Allahabad Kumbh Mela
Lucknow: A massive security arrangement will be in place when the 2013 Maha Kumbh is held at Allahabad.
Additional Director General of Police Jag Mohan Yadav said the Uttar Pradesh Police will hold a high-level meeting with the Uttarakhand Police to fine-tune the security.
Fifty companies of the Provincial Armed Constabulary will be deputed during the Kumbh.
These will include a senior superintendent of police, 12 assistant superintendents, 50 deputy superintendents, 50 inspectors, 550 sub-inspectors, 450 head constables and 5,800 police constables.
An estimated three crore pilgrims are expected on the Amavasya day alone, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa - Statistical highlights