Mata Prasad Pandey to become UP Assembly speaker
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader and MLA from
Itwa constituency, Mata Prasad Pandey is all set to become the
next Speaker of Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
Pandey`s nomination was the only one filed for the post
till the expiry of time for the process and he is likely to be
elected unopposed as the speaker, Vidhan Sabha sources said.
Newly elected MLAs of all the parties, including
independents, supported the candidature of Pandey, they said,
adding a formal announcement in this regard would be made Friday.
Pandey was the Speaker of the House during the previous SP
government led by Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Meanwhile, the process of administering oath to the new
members of the House continued on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG