Mata Prasad Pandey to become UP Assembly speaker
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader and MLA from
Itwa constituency, Mata Prasad Pandey is all set to become the
next Speaker of Uttar Pradesh Assembly.
Pandey`s nomination was the only one filed for the post
till the expiry of time for the process and he is likely to be
elected unopposed as the speaker, Vidhan Sabha sources said.
Newly elected MLAs of all the parties, including
independents, supported the candidature of Pandey, they said,
adding a formal announcement in this regard would be made Friday.
Pandey was the Speaker of the House during the previous SP
government led by Mulayam Singh Yadav.
Meanwhile, the process of administering oath to the new
members of the House continued on Thursday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction - Part II
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming