Mathura clash: NBW issued against four absconding cops
Mathura: A local court has issued non-bailable warrant against four absconding policemen in connection with the clash in Shergarh town here, which erupted after an alleged extortion bid by some policemen, a senior police official said today.
"Not only NBW has been taken against erring four policemen but teams have been sent to arrest them," district DSP, Sheel Kumar, who is investigating the case, said.
"Kurki warrant against erring policemen would be taken tomorrow, in case the policemen- Devendra, Manmohan, Vishwakarma, Bablu Nagar are not arrested by tonight," Kumar said.
The court has issued the NBW yesterday, the DSP said, adding that the involvement of other policemen in the incident is being investigated, the DSP added.
The clash took place on March 19 in Shergarh town of Mathura after a villager died in a scuffle with some policemen, who were allegedly demanding bribe from him.
Another person was killed and at least six others were injured in the subsequent clash.
Later, seven police personnel, including an SHO, were placed under suspension for their alleged failure to handle the situation.
Besides this, a magisterial probe has been ordered into the incident, besides directives have been issued to take stern action against the guilty policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today