Mathura clash: NBW issued against four absconding cops
Mathura: A local court has issued non-bailable warrant against four absconding policemen in connection with the clash in Shergarh town here, which erupted after an alleged extortion bid by some policemen, a senior police official said today.
"Not only NBW has been taken against erring four policemen but teams have been sent to arrest them," district DSP, Sheel Kumar, who is investigating the case, said.
"Kurki warrant against erring policemen would be taken tomorrow, in case the policemen- Devendra, Manmohan, Vishwakarma, Bablu Nagar are not arrested by tonight," Kumar said.
The court has issued the NBW yesterday, the DSP said, adding that the involvement of other policemen in the incident is being investigated, the DSP added.
The clash took place on March 19 in Shergarh town of Mathura after a villager died in a scuffle with some policemen, who were allegedly demanding bribe from him.
Another person was killed and at least six others were injured in the subsequent clash.
Later, seven police personnel, including an SHO, were placed under suspension for their alleged failure to handle the situation.
Besides this, a magisterial probe has been ordered into the incident, besides directives have been issued to take stern action against the guilty policemen.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets