Mathura: Criminal killed in police encounter
Mathura: A hardcore criminal, wanted in
connection with the murder of two constables in a village near
here, was killed in a police encounter, officials said on Tuesday.
Kallu alias Yogendra, carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 on
his head, was shot dead last night while his accomplice
managed to flee, they said adding two policemen sustained
injuries in the encounter.
Kallu was also wanted in about a dozen cases of loot,
murder and cross firing with police, including the September
27 killing of the two constables, the officials said.
Police said Kallu was travelling on a motorcycle when he
opened fire at personnel who were conducting random checking
of vehicles on the outskirts of Jafarpur village here
resulting in a retaliation from them.
Sub-Inspector Gyanendra and constable Munesh, who
suffered injuries in yesterday`s encounter are stated to be in
stable condition, they said.
Two constables-- Krishna Kumar and Ramveer Singh-- were
shot dead after being assaulted on the night of September 27
while they were patrolling in an area under the Naujheel
police station near here.
SSP Prem Gautam told reporters today a service rifle
belonging to the slain constables along with 12 live
cartridges, three blank cartridges and a motorbike bearing no
registration number was recovered from the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands