Mathura: Criminal killed in police encounter
Mathura: A hardcore criminal, wanted in
connection with the murder of two constables in a village near
here, was killed in a police encounter, officials said on Tuesday.
Kallu alias Yogendra, carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 on
his head, was shot dead last night while his accomplice
managed to flee, they said adding two policemen sustained
injuries in the encounter.
Kallu was also wanted in about a dozen cases of loot,
murder and cross firing with police, including the September
27 killing of the two constables, the officials said.
Police said Kallu was travelling on a motorcycle when he
opened fire at personnel who were conducting random checking
of vehicles on the outskirts of Jafarpur village here
resulting in a retaliation from them.
Sub-Inspector Gyanendra and constable Munesh, who
suffered injuries in yesterday`s encounter are stated to be in
stable condition, they said.
Two constables-- Krishna Kumar and Ramveer Singh-- were
shot dead after being assaulted on the night of September 27
while they were patrolling in an area under the Naujheel
police station near here.
SSP Prem Gautam told reporters today a service rifle
belonging to the slain constables along with 12 live
cartridges, three blank cartridges and a motorbike bearing no
registration number was recovered from the site.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed