Mathura: Prohibitory order imposed
Mathura: Fearing clashes over the successorship issue of late Baba Jai Gurudev, district administration has imposed prohibitory orders here, police said on Saturday.
Barricading has been done and about 350 policemen were deployed around the Baba`s Asharam on the Delhi-Agra highway here, they said.
To maintain law and order in the city section 144 CrPC has been imposed in the district from yesterday itself, they said.
Whole area around the sprawling Ashram has been divided into 20 sectors and for each sector a magistrate and police in charge officer has been appointed, SSP City Ram Lal Verma said.
Strict action would be taken against the law offenders and in case of large scale arrests, three temporary jails have been set up in the city, Verma added.
While one group has ordered his followers to attack the Ashram and the another group who is presently running it has filed a case against the deputy president of the Jaigurudev Dhram Prachark Sanstha for forcibly taking the important papers.
On May 31, Gurudev`s one time driver Pankaj Yadav was declared his heir apparent. The trust reportedly controls assets to the tune of Rs 12,000 crore.
The group led by Baba`s disciple Umakant Tiwari opposed Yadav and declared Tiwari as his successor in their meet at Ajmer few days ago.
Tiwari group also ordered his followers to reach the Mathura tomorrow and capture the Ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mathura rally: PM Modi's ten power-packed dialogues
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi
- Check mahresult.nic.in for Maharashtra HSC Result 2015 to be announced at 1 pm on May 27