Mathura: Prohibitory order imposed
Mathura: Fearing clashes over the successorship issue of late Baba Jai Gurudev, district administration has imposed prohibitory orders here, police said on Saturday.
Barricading has been done and about 350 policemen were deployed around the Baba`s Asharam on the Delhi-Agra highway here, they said.
To maintain law and order in the city section 144 CrPC has been imposed in the district from yesterday itself, they said.
Whole area around the sprawling Ashram has been divided into 20 sectors and for each sector a magistrate and police in charge officer has been appointed, SSP City Ram Lal Verma said.
Strict action would be taken against the law offenders and in case of large scale arrests, three temporary jails have been set up in the city, Verma added.
While one group has ordered his followers to attack the Ashram and the another group who is presently running it has filed a case against the deputy president of the Jaigurudev Dhram Prachark Sanstha for forcibly taking the important papers.
On May 31, Gurudev`s one time driver Pankaj Yadav was declared his heir apparent. The trust reportedly controls assets to the tune of Rs 12,000 crore.
The group led by Baba`s disciple Umakant Tiwari opposed Yadav and declared Tiwari as his successor in their meet at Ajmer few days ago.
Tiwari group also ordered his followers to reach the Mathura tomorrow and capture the Ashram.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Live: Jayalalithaa passes away in Chennai after suffering cardiac arrest; PM Modi pays tribute to Tamil Nadu CM
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what