Mathura: Prohibitory order imposed
Mathura: Fearing clashes over the successorship issue of late Baba Jai Gurudev, district administration has imposed prohibitory orders here, police said on Saturday.
Barricading has been done and about 350 policemen were deployed around the Baba`s Asharam on the Delhi-Agra highway here, they said.
To maintain law and order in the city section 144 CrPC has been imposed in the district from yesterday itself, they said.
Whole area around the sprawling Ashram has been divided into 20 sectors and for each sector a magistrate and police in charge officer has been appointed, SSP City Ram Lal Verma said.
Strict action would be taken against the law offenders and in case of large scale arrests, three temporary jails have been set up in the city, Verma added.
While one group has ordered his followers to attack the Ashram and the another group who is presently running it has filed a case against the deputy president of the Jaigurudev Dhram Prachark Sanstha for forcibly taking the important papers.
On May 31, Gurudev`s one time driver Pankaj Yadav was declared his heir apparent. The trust reportedly controls assets to the tune of Rs 12,000 crore.
The group led by Baba`s disciple Umakant Tiwari opposed Yadav and declared Tiwari as his successor in their meet at Ajmer few days ago.
Tiwari group also ordered his followers to reach the Mathura tomorrow and capture the Ashram.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India