Mathura riot: Uttar Pradesh Govt transfers SSP
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government on Sunday transferred the Senior Superintendent of Police of Mathura district following the communal clash in Kosi Kalan town that claimed four lives.
SSP Mathura Dharamveer has been transferred and now attached with Director General of Police (DGP) headquarters as SP, an official spokesman said here.
The spokesman said that NR Padamja has been posted as the new SSP of Mathura.
Four persons were killed and 16 others injured in the clashes, which broke out on Friday reportedly after a pedestrian used water meant for some religious purpose.
Principal Secretary (Home) RM Srivastava said that the government had recently issued directives that if an effort was made to disturb communal harmony or if riots take place in any part of the state, then the police chief of the district would be held responsible and stern action would be taken against him.
The government also shifted the SSP of Badaun district where a minor girl was raped inside a police outpost in Sadar area.
SSP Badaun Ratan Kant Srivastava has been shifted as SP Railway Moradabad and Manjil Saini has been posted in his place, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind