Mathura: Two burnt alive in accident while trying to smuggle liquor
Mathura: Two alleged liquor smugglers died
and another received injuries when their vehicle caught fire
following an accident in Kosi Kalan Thursday, police said.
"The smugglers were carrying liquor from Haryana to Uttar
Pradesh in their car which struck against an electric pole,
overturned and caught fire at Kosi Highway Tiraha," SP (Rural)
Radhey Mohan Bharadwaj said.
The vehicle was laden with liquor, he said, adding that
this increased the intensity of the fire, leaving no time for
the deceased Vijay (35) and Mahesh (26) to escape.
Satya Prakash alias Satto was the only person to come out
of the vehicle even as fire fighters and locals made an
attempt to douse the flames, he said.
He has been admitted to a private nursing home in Kosi
Kalan where his condition is said to be critical, Bharadwaj
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city