Mathura: Two burnt alive in accident while trying to smuggle liquor
Mathura: Two alleged liquor smugglers died
and another received injuries when their vehicle caught fire
following an accident in Kosi Kalan Thursday, police said.
"The smugglers were carrying liquor from Haryana to Uttar
Pradesh in their car which struck against an electric pole,
overturned and caught fire at Kosi Highway Tiraha," SP (Rural)
Radhey Mohan Bharadwaj said.
The vehicle was laden with liquor, he said, adding that
this increased the intensity of the fire, leaving no time for
the deceased Vijay (35) and Mahesh (26) to escape.
Satya Prakash alias Satto was the only person to come out
of the vehicle even as fire fighters and locals made an
attempt to douse the flames, he said.
He has been admitted to a private nursing home in Kosi
Kalan where his condition is said to be critical, Bharadwaj
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand