Mathura: Two burnt alive in accident while trying to smuggle liquor
Mathura: Two alleged liquor smugglers died
and another received injuries when their vehicle caught fire
following an accident in Kosi Kalan Thursday, police said.
"The smugglers were carrying liquor from Haryana to Uttar
Pradesh in their car which struck against an electric pole,
overturned and caught fire at Kosi Highway Tiraha," SP (Rural)
Radhey Mohan Bharadwaj said.
The vehicle was laden with liquor, he said, adding that
this increased the intensity of the fire, leaving no time for
the deceased Vijay (35) and Mahesh (26) to escape.
Satya Prakash alias Satto was the only person to come out
of the vehicle even as fire fighters and locals made an
attempt to douse the flames, he said.
He has been admitted to a private nursing home in Kosi
Kalan where his condition is said to be critical, Bharadwaj
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Watch this video! Your stomach will churn as man puts 2 live vampire bats in mouth
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav