Matter is in court: Akhilesh on UPPSC`s new reservation policy
Lucknow: Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Tuesday refused to comment on the ongoing students` agitation against the new three-tier reservation system introduced by UP Public Service Commission recently.
"The matter is in the court," Yadav said in response to a question on the agitation in Allahabad which had turned violent on Monday with students and UPPSC civil services aspirants going on rampage damaging buses and private vehicles.
On a petition challenging the new reservation policy, the High Court had asked the state government and the Commission to file their counter affidavits on July 22.
On the Allahabad High Court`s decision banning caste-based rallies, he said it would be honoured and his party has never indulged in it.
The Chief Minister received cheques worth around Rs 44 lakh towards Uttarakhand calamity relief fund.
He said there was still no confirmation on the number of those who lost their lives, including some 2,000 belonging to Uttar Pradesh, in the Uttarakhand floods.
"As and when we get detailed information about those belonging to UP, we will inform their families ", he said.
On flood control, he said fearing more rains, directives have been given to take all steps necessary to check loss of life and property.
To a question on speculation of changes in the government, he said "reshuffles keep happening as it helps in governance".
Yadav, who is also the state unit president, said some of the party`s cells, which were not in accordance with the party constitution, were dissolved yesterday.
The Chief Minister said some of the people in these dissolved cells were wrongly using their letter pads and needed to be checked.
"Those, such as one imposter who reached the Chief Minister`s office posing as an IAS officer, need to be stopped," he asserted.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune