Maya blames Centre`s policies for Maoist menace
Patna: `Wrong` socio-economic policies
followed by successive central governments have caused a sense
of deprivation among a large section of the people who took
the path of Maoism to seek justice, BSP supremo and Uttar
Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati claimed here today.
Over the past 63 years, successive Central governments
-- Congress, BJP or any other party -- have been pursuing
wrong socio-economic policies to deprive the poor and weaker
sections of the society of their share of development and
benefits, she told a public meeting at Gandhi Maidan here.
These deprived people were compelled to adopt a
`wrong` track to seek justice, she said referring to the
Maoist menace in the country.
The UP Chief Minister accused the UPA government at
the Centre for spiralling price rise and inflation saying it
was due to formulation of pro-industry economic policies.
The Centre did not appear serious to check inflation
as it decided to increase the fuel price knowing fully well
its implication on price rise, she said.
The UPA government had rolled back the oil price to
woo voters ahead of the parliamentary polls last year and
increased the same after returning to power, Mayawati alleged.
Big parties like Congress and BJP receive huge funds
from corporate houses for meeting their election expenses to
get favourable economic policies in return, she claimed.
Mayawati, who was here to review the performance of
the BSP state units of Bihar, West Bengal, Orissa and
Jharkhand at a meeting, said her party would contest the
coming Assembly polls in Bihar and other states on its own.
The party cadres should emulate its Uttar Pradsh
formula of bringing all communities on board for electoral
success and political power in Bihar and other states, the BSP
supremo told her partymen.
"We are an ideology-driven party working on the agenda
of putting in place an equal society. The cadres should spread
the ideology at the grassroot level to sway all sections of
society in favour of the BSP," she said.
Maywati complimented its state unit for consistent
performance over the years to make her party a serious
political force in the state over the years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'