Maya magic may work in Punjab: Karimpuri
Patiala: Punjab BSP unit chief and Rajya
Sabha member from Uttar Pardesh Avtar Singh Karimpuri on Monday
claimed that the magic of BSP supremo Mayawati would work in
Punjab after her four rallies which concluded in the state.
Talking to reporters Karimpiri said that "the magic of
Bhenji (sister) will certainly work in Punjab as she had
addressed four big rallies in the state during the last couple
He said that Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati`s
message was clear that the BSP would contest Punjab elections
without any alliance, and concentrate on consolidating its own
"We would make dent into the votes of Congress as well as
SAD," he said.
Asked about any regret that they don`t have alliance with
Manpreet Singh Badal`s People`s Party of Punjab, he said that
"the talks with them never initiated and therefore we don`t
have any regret on it. I however wish him a good luck as it
will be benefitted to us if Sanja Morcha does well in the
state and we would certainly emerge in the scene of the
state," he asserted.
"The BSP is not having alliance in any state as our party
is not only for political gains but for overall socio-economic
change, which we will attain on our own strength," Karimpuri
After a decade and a half, the BSP has a target to
achieve?increase its vote share that declined to 4.13 per cent
in 2007 assembly polls from 5.69 per cent in 2002 and
6.37 per cent in the 1997 assembly elections.
In 1992, the BSP won nine assembly seats with the SAD
boycotting the elections. But the party drew blank in the
previous three assembly polls in absence of any alliance.
Mayawati had addressed elections rallies at Kharar, Nawan
Shehar, Muktsar and Chappar covering whole of Punjab.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi