Maya orders action against six officers during surprise visit
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday ordered action against six officers, including
divisional commissioner of Basti, during surprise inspection
of two districts.
"The CM carried out surprise inspection of Deoria and
Sant Kabirnagar districts to review progress of development
works, implementation of welfare schemes launched by the
government, state of essential services and law and order
situation," a government spokesman said here.
During inspection, Mayawati ordered immediate transfer of
divisional commissioner of Basti, under which the two
districts fall, for "lax supervision and slack working".
"She also ordered for an adverse entry in the character
roll of the divisional commissioner," the spokesman said.
For slackness in ensuring law and order, the CM ordered
suspension of a Deputy Superintendent of Police and a Station
House Officer of Salempur in Deoria district.
"She ordered department action against the two and said
that their services will be terminated if charges against them
are proved," the spokesman said.
Taking a serious note of poor upkeep and maintenance of
the district hospital, Mayawati ordered immediate transfer of
the chief medical superintendent.
"The CM, who visited Ambedkar village Malwawar, on
detecting poor quality of construction work, ordered
suspension of the executive engineer and blacklisting of the
contractor," he said.
During inspection of Sant Kabirnagar, Mayawati ordered
suspension of tehsildar of Khalilabad and sought explanation
from the Additional Director General of Police at headquarters
for "poor upkeep" of police lines.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check rajresults.nic.in: Rajasthan Board Class 12th results 2015 to be declared today
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in