Maya raj: Journo `forcibly` picked up by police
Lucknow: A senior TV journalist was allegedly picked up "forcibly" by police in Hazratganj area here on Sunday night.
Shalabh Mani Tripathi, state bureau chief of a Hindi news channel, was picked up by SP (City) BP Ashok and Circle Officer Anup Kumar while he was coming out of his office.
Tripathi alleged that he and his colleague were not only manhandled but also abused by the cops.
“They caught us by the collar. You are mafia and we won’t leave you. They abused not just me, but also the entire media fraternity,” Tripathi said.
Tripathi’s assistant was also reportedly thrashed before being taken to the police station. The duo were released shortly afterwards.
However, the media fraternity in the city came out in support of Tripathi and organised a dharna outside Chief Minister’s residence late at night, following which the concerned police officers were suspended pending investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray