Maya raj: Journo `forcibly` picked up by police
Lucknow: A senior TV journalist was allegedly picked up "forcibly" by police in Hazratganj area here on Sunday night.
Shalabh Mani Tripathi, state bureau chief of a Hindi news channel, was picked up by SP (City) BP Ashok and Circle Officer Anup Kumar while he was coming out of his office.
Tripathi alleged that he and his colleague were not only manhandled but also abused by the cops.
“They caught us by the collar. You are mafia and we won’t leave you. They abused not just me, but also the entire media fraternity,” Tripathi said.
Tripathi’s assistant was also reportedly thrashed before being taken to the police station. The duo were released shortly afterwards.
However, the media fraternity in the city came out in support of Tripathi and organised a dharna outside Chief Minister’s residence late at night, following which the concerned police officers were suspended pending investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Shah interacts with journalists at BJP office
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- PM Modi host 'Diwali Milan' for media
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read