Maya suspends another BSP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
today suspended the party`s sitting MLA from Hastinapur
(Meerut) Yogesh Verma from the party in the wake of
allegations against him of attacking a man over a property
State unit president of BSP Swami Prasad Maurya here said
alleged Verma has a criminal record and promised to "mend" his
ways while joining the party but there had been complaints
agaisnt him all through.
Verma and his associates were wanted in connection with a
2009 dacoity and murder case of one Laxmi Bansal and attempts
to grab her property, Maurya charged adding yesterday Bansal`s
son complained to the police that he had been attacked
recently at the behest of Verma.
On the basis of this complaint, an FIR was lodged and
investigations were on, Maurya said.
As the party had already decided not to give ticket to
Verma, he had been issuing "irresponsibile and baseles"
statements against the party coordinator Munkad ali, Maurya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video