Maya suspends another BSP MLA
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati
today suspended the party`s sitting MLA from Hastinapur
(Meerut) Yogesh Verma from the party in the wake of
allegations against him of attacking a man over a property
State unit president of BSP Swami Prasad Maurya here said
alleged Verma has a criminal record and promised to "mend" his
ways while joining the party but there had been complaints
agaisnt him all through.
Verma and his associates were wanted in connection with a
2009 dacoity and murder case of one Laxmi Bansal and attempts
to grab her property, Maurya charged adding yesterday Bansal`s
son complained to the police that he had been attacked
recently at the behest of Verma.
On the basis of this complaint, an FIR was lodged and
investigations were on, Maurya said.
As the party had already decided not to give ticket to
Verma, he had been issuing "irresponsibile and baseles"
statements against the party coordinator Munkad ali, Maurya
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'