‘Maya`s idea to split UP a diversionary tactic’
Maharajganj: BJP leader Rajnath Singh
on Saturday said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s idea to
split the state into four parts is an attempt to "divert the
attention of people from her government`s failure on all
Addressing a public meeting here, Singh accused Mayawati
of misguiding the people of the state.
Former state Chief Minister exhorted the electorate to
change "her corrupt regime through the power of vote".
Singh, who is currently undertaking a state-wide
Jan Swabhiman Yatra, remained evasive on whether his party
would support the proposal for splitting the state if the same
was moved by the BSP supremo in the state Assembly during its
coming winter session.
"We will decide once the agenda of the state division is
presented there," he said.
"Problems cannot be solved by the division of the
state. Several smaller states in the country are facing major
problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iraqi charged with having `trace` explosives in Poland
- Nepali President paves way for electing new government
- Violence in J&K, North East affecting 'local' tourism: Mahesh Sharma
- VIDEO! Watch Chris Woakes hit Mohammad Amir for a 'Sehwag-esque' uppercut six
- Study to assess time spent by teachers in non-teaching work