‘Maya`s idea to split UP a diversionary tactic’
Maharajganj: BJP leader Rajnath Singh
on Saturday said Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati`s idea to
split the state into four parts is an attempt to "divert the
attention of people from her government`s failure on all
Addressing a public meeting here, Singh accused Mayawati
of misguiding the people of the state.
Former state Chief Minister exhorted the electorate to
change "her corrupt regime through the power of vote".
Singh, who is currently undertaking a state-wide
Jan Swabhiman Yatra, remained evasive on whether his party
would support the proposal for splitting the state if the same
was moved by the BSP supremo in the state Assembly during its
coming winter session.
"We will decide once the agenda of the state division is
presented there," he said.
"Problems cannot be solved by the division of the
state. Several smaller states in the country are facing major
problems," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Disruption of Parliament not acceptable, for God's sake, do your job: President Pranab Mukherjee to MPs