Maya`s wealth jumps 25% to Rs 111 crore in 2 years
Lucknow: BSP supremo Mayawati may have lost
the Assembly elections in Uttar Pradesh but the defeated chief
minister`s wealth as declared has jumped to Rs 111 crore, a 25
per cent increase in the last two years.
And 56-year-old Mayawati`s assets made public today has
doubled in the five years since she became chief minister in
2007 on the back of a tumping BSP victory. During public
meetings, she often claims to represent the poorest of the
state`s poor Dalits.
According to the declaration made by Mayawati at the
time of filing of nomination papers to the Rajya Sabha today,
her immovable properties, both residential and commercial in
Lucknow and Delhi, cash in banks, jewellery both gold and
diamonds stood at Rs 111 crores and 64 lakhs.
In 2010 when she fought the vidhan parishad elections ,
Mayawati`s total assets were valued at around Rs 88 crore
while in 2007 it was worth around Rs. 52.27 crores.
Mayawati`s accounts in Union Bank of India, Moti Bagh,
Delhi, Bank of India, Parliament Street, New Delhi, State Bank
of India, Vidhan Sabha Marg, Lucknow, and SBI, Sansad Bhawan,
together have over Rs 13.95 crore.
Besides, she has 10.20 lakh cash in hand, according to
She has 1034.260 gms gold in the form of jewellery and
380.17 carats diamond worth Rs 96.53 lakh besides a silver
dinner set weighing 18.5 kgs worth Rs. 9.32 lakh.
Among the other assets she mentioned were murals worth
Rs.15 lakh and revolver worth Rs. 5390.
Among the immovable properties, the BSP supremo has two
commercial buildings in Connaught Place in the national
capital (B-34 ground floor and B-34 1st floor with areas of
3628.02 and 4535.02 square-ft respectively) costing Rs 9.36
crore and Rs. 9.45 crore.
She has two residential buldings -- one in New Delhi
(23,24 SP Marg New Delhi) and another in Lucknow (9 Mall
Avenue) currently valued at Rs. 61.86 crore and Rs. 15.68
Both the residential buildings were purchased in 2009
and 2010 when she was the Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister. The
commercial buildings were purchased in 2004 and 2005.
In the loans or dues column, she has shown Rs 87,68,724
as security from tenants (Bata India Ltd and V.C Solutions Pvt
The BSP president has shown Rs 6,51,53,538 as total
income in tax return for the financial year 2010-11.
She has no agriculture land nor there is any mention
of vehicles in the declaration.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why