Mayawati accuses Narendra Modi of misguiding people
Hisar: BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday attacked Narendra Modi, saying he has "misguided" the country in the name of development and asked people not to give more chances to BJP and Congress as they have always worked "against" the interests of Dalits, backward class and poor.
The former Uttar Pradesh chief minister claimed that the next government at the Centre "cannot be formed" without BSP`s support.
Slamming the BJP`s prime ministerial candidate, Mayawati said: "There is no development in Gujarat, but Modi misguided the people of country in the name of development."
Attacking the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre, she claimed the government is curtailing the backward classes right to reservation "by allotting their share to others. The backlog of government jobs reserved for Dalits and the backwards is increasing day by day."
Addressing a public meeting here for BSP candidates, Mayawati accused Congress and BJP of working "against" the interests of Dalits, backward class and said people should not give them more chance as they have been "tried and tested" several times. "Their anti-people policies which have increased the corruption in the country," she said.
BSP has fielded candidates on all the ten Lok Sabha seats of Haryana.
Mayawati alleged "both (Congress and BJP) have always worked against the interests of Dalits, backward class and the poor and framed policies which have made rich richer."
She said the Congress` UPA and BJP-led NDA have ruled the country for long, "but both the parties have failed to improve the lot of the poor people."
Mayawati also said,"people should not give more chances to Congress or the BJP because they have been tried and tested several times. Now is the time to vote and support BSP."
"A huge amount of black money is stashed in foreign banks, but they (Congress and BJP) have made no efforts to bring it back," she said.
"If this black money is brought back to our country, most of the problems faced by the poor, Dalits and tribals will be over in times to come."
She also lashed out at the Congress government in Haryana for having "failed" on all fronts and made a fervent appeal to the voters to vote for BSP candidates in the state.
BSP candidate Mange Ram Verma, who is contesting from Hisar, Vedpal Tanwar from Bhiwani-Mahendergarh and Mange Ram Dahiya from Sirsa were present during the Mayawati`s address.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?