Mayawati accuses UP govt of mishandling dishonour killings
New Delhi: BSP chief Mayawati on Tuesday accused the UP Government of mishandling the case of suspected dishonour killing of a youth in Bulandshahar district last week.
"You people have yourself said that the issue has been mishandled. What is your feeling is what I am feeling," she told reporters outside Parliament.
The former UP Chief Minister was asked if the UP Government and administration had mishandled the case.
The wife of 29-year-old Abdul Hakim, who was shot dead on Thursday last, yesterday alleged that her family members were behind the death of her husband.
According to the Abdul Hakim`s wife Mahvish, the victim was shot dead by her family members on November 22 after he had just entered the village along with her and their two-year-old daughter.
Asked about the silence of BSP members in the House over the issue of reservation in promotion for SC/ST officials in Government jobs, Mayawati said, "The Central Government has agreed to take the Bill for business then why should we agitate."
Asked if she felt that Government was honest in its intentions on the bill, the BSP chief said, "At present, we cannot comment on this as the House is not functioning. We will have to wait till the House starts running smoothly."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!