Mayawati adopting double standards on FDI: SP
Lucknow: Accusing the ruling BSP of adopting double standards on the issue of FDI in retail, Opposition Samajwadi Party (SP)on Saturday alleged the Mayawati government had allowed Wal-Mart to open its stores UP.
"The Chief Minister has announced that foreign companies
will not be allowed to enter the state, but the government
itself has allowed Wal-Mart to open its stores in different
parts of UP," SP state chief Akhilesh Yadav told reporters
He alleged several wholesale shops of the multinational
retailer were already operating in UP cities.
Yadav said the FDI would destroy farmers, the industry
The foreign companies would capture the market and run it
on their will, he said adding the SP was not in its favour.
The SP leader alleged that money meant for development
and welfare schemes was being looted in UP.
Leader of the Opposition Shivpal Singh Yadav said if the
SP came to power an inquiry would be conducted against those
ministers and officers involved in corrupt practices during
the BSP rule.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said
- Irfan Pathan marries 21-year-old Safa Baig in low-key affair