Mayawati again demands imposition of President`s Rule in UP
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday made a fresh demand for imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the controversial remarks made by some ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
"What more evidence can one look for after this. These kind of incidents (minister’s remarks) coming to light after our letter to the Governor vindicates our position. The Governor should not delay action any further and recommend President`s Rule in the state," she told reporters outside Parliament.
Mayawati had last week met Governor B L Joshi and asked him to recommend President`s rule claiming there was a constitutional crisis in the state due to poor law and order situation.
UP Textile Minister Shiv Kumar Beria had yesterday triggered a controversy by saying that no policeman can do anything without his orders while Social Welfare Minister Ram Murti Verma said no power can stop crimes in the state and they would continue to happen.
Asked about the reported incursion by China in Ladakh, she said, "Centre should be serious and timely action should be taken or else the situation could deteriorate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!