Mayawati again demands imposition of President`s Rule in UP
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday made a fresh demand for imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the controversial remarks made by some ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
"What more evidence can one look for after this. These kind of incidents (minister’s remarks) coming to light after our letter to the Governor vindicates our position. The Governor should not delay action any further and recommend President`s Rule in the state," she told reporters outside Parliament.
Mayawati had last week met Governor B L Joshi and asked him to recommend President`s rule claiming there was a constitutional crisis in the state due to poor law and order situation.
UP Textile Minister Shiv Kumar Beria had yesterday triggered a controversy by saying that no policeman can do anything without his orders while Social Welfare Minister Ram Murti Verma said no power can stop crimes in the state and they would continue to happen.
Asked about the reported incursion by China in Ladakh, she said, "Centre should be serious and timely action should be taken or else the situation could deteriorate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal