Mayawati again demands imposition of President`s Rule in UP
New Delhi: BSP supremo Mayawati on Thursday made a fresh demand for imposition of President`s rule in Uttar Pradesh in the wake of the controversial remarks made by some ministers in the Akhilesh Yadav government.
"What more evidence can one look for after this. These kind of incidents (minister’s remarks) coming to light after our letter to the Governor vindicates our position. The Governor should not delay action any further and recommend President`s Rule in the state," she told reporters outside Parliament.
Mayawati had last week met Governor B L Joshi and asked him to recommend President`s rule claiming there was a constitutional crisis in the state due to poor law and order situation.
UP Textile Minister Shiv Kumar Beria had yesterday triggered a controversy by saying that no policeman can do anything without his orders while Social Welfare Minister Ram Murti Verma said no power can stop crimes in the state and they would continue to happen.
Asked about the reported incursion by China in Ladakh, she said, "Centre should be serious and timely action should be taken or else the situation could deteriorate".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India