Mayawati an opportunistic politician: Amar Singh
Jaunpur: Rajya Sabha MP Amar Singh on Tuesday met the jailed BSP MP Dhananjay Singh here and accused BSP supremo Mayawati of being an "opportunistic" politician.
"UP Chief Minister did not take action against elected
representatives for four-and-a-half year and now they started
look like criminals and mafias to her," Amar said after
meeting the ruling BSP MP in jail, who was arrested in a
murder case in his Jaunpur constituency on December 11.
"Mayawati is indulging into politics of opportunity,"
alleged Amar Singh who was also accompanied by MP and actress
Amar said that he was of the view that unless a person
was pronounced guilty by court, he cannot be called criminal.
Singh was expelled from BSP for meeting Amar in AIIMS,
New Delhi but later his suspension was revoked by Mayawati`s
After the arrest, Dhananjay alleged that he was being
implicated in a false case by the Mayawati government.
"The government is getting me arrested on false cases and
the police has produced no warrant," he told reporters.
Regarding creation of Poorvanchal state, Amar claimed
that the Centre has sought a reply from the state on eight
He said that after receiving the reply, the Centre
would take action on creation of Poorvanchal and three other
Amar also claimed that Centre has not rejected the state
government`s proposal for creation of new states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!