Mayawati attacks Congress on corruption issue
Ambedkarnagar/Faizabad: Uttar Pradesh Chief
Minister Mayawati on Thursday attacked Congress saying 62 big scams
involving around Rs 20 lakh crore have taken place during the
UPA regime at the Centre.
Addressing election meetings, Mayawati termed the
Congress-led government as corrupt and said despite these
scams the CBI has not shown the inclination to speed up
"No action has been taken on the Amar Singh, Mulayam Singh
Yadav and Shanti Bhushan CD case," she said.
Under attack on the issue of corruption, Mayawati said SP,
BJP and Congress had no right to speak on it. All these
parties are trying to project themselves as honest after being
part of massive irregularities, she said.
Alleging that BJP, Congress and their supporting parties
were aiming to finish the constitutional right of reservation
meant for dalits, Mayawati said opposition parties wanted to
divide dalits and backwards in the name of quota which would
not be allowed by her party.
Mayawati said that Congress has misled Muslims on the
issue of reservation for which she had written several letters
to the PM in the past.
"Congress is saying that it would give reservation to
backward Muslims in proportion to their population under the
OBC quota and by doing so they want both these sections to
stand against each other," she said adding that Congress was
playing politics on this issue.
The BSP supremo said she has given tickets to people with
clean image and had taken care to give representation to all
sections of society in ticket distribution.
The BSP chief said that to deal with problems of poverty,
unemployment and inflation it was essential to bring back BSP
to power and stop BJP, SP and Congress from forming the
government in Uttar Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore