Mayawati boosting morale of criminals: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati of bolstering the morale of criminals
by repeatedly presenting "fake figures" to claim that crime
situation in the state was better than in other states.
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said rather than taking
responsibility for various criminal cases, especially those
against women, Mayawati has been taking refuge in fake figures
which have only bolstered the morale of criminals "who are
enjoying the patronage of the ruling party".
The majority of victims of such cases have been dalits,
backwards and Muslims, Joshi said.
She said BSP`s aim to retain power by inducting criminals
into the party would prove counter-productive during the
upcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?