Mayawati boosting morale of criminals: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati of bolstering the morale of criminals
by repeatedly presenting "fake figures" to claim that crime
situation in the state was better than in other states.
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said rather than taking
responsibility for various criminal cases, especially those
against women, Mayawati has been taking refuge in fake figures
which have only bolstered the morale of criminals "who are
enjoying the patronage of the ruling party".
The majority of victims of such cases have been dalits,
backwards and Muslims, Joshi said.
She said BSP`s aim to retain power by inducting criminals
into the party would prove counter-productive during the
upcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok