Mayawati boosting morale of criminals: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati of bolstering the morale of criminals
by repeatedly presenting "fake figures" to claim that crime
situation in the state was better than in other states.
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said rather than taking
responsibility for various criminal cases, especially those
against women, Mayawati has been taking refuge in fake figures
which have only bolstered the morale of criminals "who are
enjoying the patronage of the ruling party".
The majority of victims of such cases have been dalits,
backwards and Muslims, Joshi said.
She said BSP`s aim to retain power by inducting criminals
into the party would prove counter-productive during the
upcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez