Mayawati boosting morale of criminals: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati of bolstering the morale of criminals
by repeatedly presenting "fake figures" to claim that crime
situation in the state was better than in other states.
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said rather than taking
responsibility for various criminal cases, especially those
against women, Mayawati has been taking refuge in fake figures
which have only bolstered the morale of criminals "who are
enjoying the patronage of the ruling party".
The majority of victims of such cases have been dalits,
backwards and Muslims, Joshi said.
She said BSP`s aim to retain power by inducting criminals
into the party would prove counter-productive during the
upcoming Assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional