Mayawati boosting morale of criminals: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Thursday accused Uttar Pradesh
Chief Minister Mayawati of bolstering the morale of criminals
by repeatedly presenting "fake figures" to claim that crime
situation in the state was better than in other states.
UPCC chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi said rather than taking
responsibility for various criminal cases, especially those
against women, Mayawati has been taking refuge in fake figures
which have only bolstered the morale of criminals "who are
enjoying the patronage of the ruling party".
The majority of victims of such cases have been dalits,
backwards and Muslims, Joshi said.
She said BSP`s aim to retain power by inducting criminals
into the party would prove counter-productive during the
upcoming Assembly elections.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living