Mayawati cabinet expanded, SP Maurya taken in
Lucknow: BSP state unit President Swami
Prasad Maurya, who won the recent by-election to Padrauna
assembly seat in Uttar Pradesh, was today inducted as a
cabinet minister in the Mayawati government, official sources
After BSP`s grand success in the recently concluded
by-elections in which the party won nine of the 11 assembly
seats, Chief Minister Mayawati included one more minister in
her cabinet this evening taking its strength to 52.
Governor B L Joshi administered the oath of office to
Maurya, who is considered close to Mayawati, at Raj Bhawan.
Names of more BSP leaders were doing the rounds but
Mayawati included only Maurya.
Eight more ministerial berths are still vacant in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days