Mayawati criticises Centre over diesel price hike
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati on Friday criticised the UPA government for increasing diesel price and restricting supply of subsidised cooking gas and demanded immediate roll back of the "anti-people decision".
"Reeling under the pressure of continued price hike of petrol, the common man has been further subjected to more hardships with this decision of unprecedented diesel price hike of Rs 5 per litre as well as quota of six LPG gas cylinders per family," Mayawati said in a statement.
Blaming the "wrong" economic and foreign policies of the Congress-led UPA government for throwing common man`s life in chaos, she demanded that these policies be immediately rectified in keeping with people`s interest.
She demanded that Centre purchases gas and petroleum products wherever they are available at cheaper rates and ensure that they are easily available to people at reasonable prices.
The government had yesterday hiked diesel prices by a steep Rs 5.62 per litre and restricted supply of subsidised cooking gas to six cylinders per household in a year to fetch an additional Rs 20,300 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?