Mayawati criticises Centre over diesel price hike
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati on Friday criticised the UPA government for increasing diesel price and restricting supply of subsidised cooking gas and demanded immediate roll back of the "anti-people decision".
"Reeling under the pressure of continued price hike of petrol, the common man has been further subjected to more hardships with this decision of unprecedented diesel price hike of Rs 5 per litre as well as quota of six LPG gas cylinders per family," Mayawati said in a statement.
Blaming the "wrong" economic and foreign policies of the Congress-led UPA government for throwing common man`s life in chaos, she demanded that these policies be immediately rectified in keeping with people`s interest.
She demanded that Centre purchases gas and petroleum products wherever they are available at cheaper rates and ensure that they are easily available to people at reasonable prices.
The government had yesterday hiked diesel prices by a steep Rs 5.62 per litre and restricted supply of subsidised cooking gas to six cylinders per household in a year to fetch an additional Rs 20,300 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- Really? Katrina Kaif rebuffs breaking up with Ranbir Kapoor?
- ISI plotted 26/11 Mumbai attacks with Pakistan govt's support, says David Headley