Mayawati criticises Centre over diesel price hike
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati on Friday criticised the UPA government for increasing diesel price and restricting supply of subsidised cooking gas and demanded immediate roll back of the "anti-people decision".
"Reeling under the pressure of continued price hike of petrol, the common man has been further subjected to more hardships with this decision of unprecedented diesel price hike of Rs 5 per litre as well as quota of six LPG gas cylinders per family," Mayawati said in a statement.
Blaming the "wrong" economic and foreign policies of the Congress-led UPA government for throwing common man`s life in chaos, she demanded that these policies be immediately rectified in keeping with people`s interest.
She demanded that Centre purchases gas and petroleum products wherever they are available at cheaper rates and ensure that they are easily available to people at reasonable prices.
The government had yesterday hiked diesel prices by a steep Rs 5.62 per litre and restricted supply of subsidised cooking gas to six cylinders per household in a year to fetch an additional Rs 20,300 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre