Mayawati criticises UP govt for "bulldozing" relief camps
Lucknow: BSP chief Mayawati today attacked the Akhilesh Yadav government saying instead of taking stern action against rioters it was "bulldozing" the relief camps of Uttar Pradesh riot victims during biting cold.
"At a time when displaced people have been forced to spend their days in the cold leaving their homes because of lax and incapable SP government, the most inhuman act of bulldozing their relief camps under these cold conditions has also begun," she said.
The former UP chief minister was addressing party workers at a meeting to review preparations for the coming Lok Sabha elections here.
Mayawati said instead of taking stern action against the rioters, the SP government was rubbing salt on the wounds of the victims by bulldozing the relief camps in this cold, which was similar to actions of Narendra Modi government post Godhra riots.
She condemned the statement by SP supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav terming victims living in relief camps as "conspirators" and said that instead of being sensitive toward victims the SP is levelling baseless allegations in order to hide their failures.
Mayawati said that ever since the SP government came to power, law and order situation in the state has been bad but Muzaffarnagar and Shamli riots have caused a sense of insecurity and fear among the people, specially minorities.
During the meeting, she reviewed organisational matters, progress in strengthening party`s base among the `Sarv Samaj` and took stock of preparations for "Savadhan Vishal Maha Rally" here slated for on January 15, also her birthday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly