Mayawati demands President`s Rule in UP
Lucknow: Former UP Chief Minister and BSP president Mayawati Monday asked Governor B L Joshi to take cognisance of the prevailing law and order situation in the state and recommend the imposition of President`s Rule.
"Under the prevailing dismal law and order situation and corruption I would request the Governor to himself take cognisance as per the constitutional provisions and recommend imposition of President`s rule in the state," Mayawati told newspersons here.
Referring to the scheduled visit of the President here tomorrow for the 125 year celebrations of the UP assembly, she said the Governor should place these facts before Pranab Mukherjee.
"Though I myself and my party MPs can also put these things before the President, but then there would be an attempt to brand them as guided by political vendetta to set them aside," Mayawati said.
Crime under the SP government has increased as compared to other states, she alleged, adding that those against women and girls have alerted the people.
Referring to the case of a Dalit girl in Noida, she said it was a recent example as to how the police allegedly tried to "hush up" the whole affair by attempting to cremate her late in the night but failed because of vigilant locals and the media.
"It is most unfortunate that SP government instead of controlling crime, it has been putting all its strength for hushing it up," she accused.
The state government was also making big announcements for diverting the people`s attention from issues, she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video