Mayawati demands rollback of fuel price hike
Mumbai: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati on Saturday demanded immediate rollback of fuel price hike
saying that otherwise it would pose a burden on the middle
class and the poor people.
"Inflation would rise in the country as a result of the
fuel price hike. Inflation has already risen since UPA
government came to power," Mayawati said after inaugurating a
BSP office in suburban Chembur here.
"The UPA government is insensitive to common man. The
common man is suffering under UPA rule. The BSP would hold
protest against the hike. We will write to the Centre to roll
back fuel price hike," she said.
Lashing out at the Centre, the BSP supremo alleged the
financial policies of the government have only benefited the
"Due to wrong policies of the UPA government, the poor
and the middle class people have been affected. Since the day
UPA government came to power, they have constantly increased
prices of essential commodities because of which the life of
common people has become difficult," Mayawati said.
"Instead of increasing the prices of essential
commodities, the government should increase the prices of
tobacco products as it is largely consumed by the rich
people," she said.
Accusing the Centre of singling out the BSP government
in UP in the backdrop of rising crime, Mayawati alleged such
incidents have gone up in Congress-ruled states like Haryana,
Delhi and Maharashtra among others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Bangladeshi newspaper mocks Indian team with half-shaved heads
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional
- Manipur ambush: Key NSCN(K) leader involved in killing of 18 Army personnel arrested by NIA