Mayawati dissolves all committees of BSP
Lucknow: Faced with one of the worst showing in the Lok Sabha polls, BSP supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Tuesday dissolved all the committees of the party.
The BSP supremo, who reviewed the party`s performance with office bearers and leaders at a meeting at the party office here, dissolved all the assembly, district and state-level committees of the party, BSP sources here said.
Mayawati`s party, which had 20 MPs in the last Lok Sabha, failed to open its account in the just-concluded elections.
The party chief would now be reorganising all the committees after taking stock of the ground situation, the sources said.
The party would also have new coordinators as the role of some of them has come in for attack because of the bad showing at the hustings, the sources said, adding the coordinators have been charged with misinforming the party chief about the Lok Sabha preparations and the mood of the public.
The party chief interacted with the leaders and personally questioned them on the reasons which led to one of party`s worst performances specially in Uttar Pradesh where its vote percentage has also come down.
Mayawati came down heavily on the party leaders and pulled them up for their laxity during the elections.
The BSP supremo had indicated that she would be restructuring the party organisation to prepare for the next assembly elections and rejuvenating the cadres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Watch video: Furious and stormy young sun seeded life on Earth, says NASA
- Being a mom tops my priority list, says Aishwarya Rai Bachchan
- 'Comedy Nights' needed a 'Bachao' from Akshay Kumar over racist jokes on Lisa Haydon? Details inside
- Register your marriage online by paying just Rs 100
- India signs $100 mn loan agreement with World Bank