Mayawati dissolves all committees of BSP
Lucknow: Faced with one of the worst showing in the Lok Sabha polls, BSP supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Tuesday dissolved all the committees of the party.
The BSP supremo, who reviewed the party`s performance with office bearers and leaders at a meeting at the party office here, dissolved all the assembly, district and state-level committees of the party, BSP sources here said.
Mayawati`s party, which had 20 MPs in the last Lok Sabha, failed to open its account in the just-concluded elections.
The party chief would now be reorganising all the committees after taking stock of the ground situation, the sources said.
The party would also have new coordinators as the role of some of them has come in for attack because of the bad showing at the hustings, the sources said, adding the coordinators have been charged with misinforming the party chief about the Lok Sabha preparations and the mood of the public.
The party chief interacted with the leaders and personally questioned them on the reasons which led to one of party`s worst performances specially in Uttar Pradesh where its vote percentage has also come down.
Mayawati came down heavily on the party leaders and pulled them up for their laxity during the elections.
The BSP supremo had indicated that she would be restructuring the party organisation to prepare for the next assembly elections and rejuvenating the cadres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday