Mayawati dissolves all committees of BSP
Lucknow: Faced with one of the worst showing in the Lok Sabha polls, BSP supremo and former Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Mayawati on Tuesday dissolved all the committees of the party.
The BSP supremo, who reviewed the party`s performance with office bearers and leaders at a meeting at the party office here, dissolved all the assembly, district and state-level committees of the party, BSP sources here said.
Mayawati`s party, which had 20 MPs in the last Lok Sabha, failed to open its account in the just-concluded elections.
The party chief would now be reorganising all the committees after taking stock of the ground situation, the sources said.
The party would also have new coordinators as the role of some of them has come in for attack because of the bad showing at the hustings, the sources said, adding the coordinators have been charged with misinforming the party chief about the Lok Sabha preparations and the mood of the public.
The party chief interacted with the leaders and personally questioned them on the reasons which led to one of party`s worst performances specially in Uttar Pradesh where its vote percentage has also come down.
Mayawati came down heavily on the party leaders and pulled them up for their laxity during the elections.
The BSP supremo had indicated that she would be restructuring the party organisation to prepare for the next assembly elections and rejuvenating the cadres.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Kejriwal's electricity bill exceeds Rs 1 lakh in two months: RTI
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional