Mayawati exploiting dalit sentiments: Bharti
Lucknow: BJP leader Uma Bharti on Monday
alleged Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and BSP supremo Mayawati
is the biggest exploiter of sentiments of dalits and
"Mayawati, who is ruling with a feudal mindset, has
exploited and misused sentiments of dalits oppressed from
centuries," she told reporters here.
Bharti said Mayawati at a rally yesterday had affirmed
that her elephant (BSP`s party symbol) would crush opposition
"I want to say that Mayawati`s elephant is that of stone
which cannot move. This elephant has no sentiments," she said.
The BJP leader alleged the BSP government was the most
insensitive government in the history of the country.
"It is insensitive towards the interest of the people
and the CM is not available to the public," she said.
She alleged maximum atrocities are being committed
against women in Uttar Pradesh.
Referring to Congress leader Rahul Gandhi`s remarks on
UP migrants, Bharti said "a person, who considers the people
of UP as beggars, has no right to step in the state."
Bharti said her party would launch "Pradesh Bachchao,
BJP Lao" campaign from December one during which around 50
meetings would be held in each assembly segment.
On FDI in retail, she said at personal level she was
always against the Foreign Direct Investment and added
torching foreign stores was the only option.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’