Mayawati for a people-friendly image of the party
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and
BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday asked party leaders not to confine
their efforts to expanding its support base but also to create
an image for the party in accordance with expectations of the
Delivering the message at a meeting of senior party
functionaries here, Mayawati said her government was committed
to create an atmosphere in the state free of "fear, crime,
terror and corruption", a BSP spokesman said.
She also reviewed preparation for the party`s proposed
state-wide agitation against `wrong policies` of the Congress
beginning May 22, the day UPA completes one year in office and
asked party workers to make the stir a success, saying it was
related to the interest of the common people.
"The party will hold demonstrations as part of the stir
at every assembly seat to convey the message that Congress`
hand is with capitalists and not with the poor," the spokesman
The agitation would continue till all the 403 assembly
segments across the state were covered, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'