Mayawati for a people-friendly image of the party
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister and
BSP chief Mayawati on Thursday asked party leaders not to confine
their efforts to expanding its support base but also to create
an image for the party in accordance with expectations of the
Delivering the message at a meeting of senior party
functionaries here, Mayawati said her government was committed
to create an atmosphere in the state free of "fear, crime,
terror and corruption", a BSP spokesman said.
She also reviewed preparation for the party`s proposed
state-wide agitation against `wrong policies` of the Congress
beginning May 22, the day UPA completes one year in office and
asked party workers to make the stir a success, saying it was
related to the interest of the common people.
"The party will hold demonstrations as part of the stir
at every assembly seat to convey the message that Congress`
hand is with capitalists and not with the poor," the spokesman
The agitation would continue till all the 403 assembly
segments across the state were covered, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Bulandshahr gang-rape accused plead not guilty, demand narco test to prove innocence
- Was Osho murdered by his followers?
- China hopes for early talks with Phillipines on South China Sea
- US military aids Turkey with air cover, intelligence in anti-ISIS operation in Syria
- Record German budget surplus fuels investment debate