Mayawati forms teams for monitoring law and order
Lucknow: For better management of law and
order and implementation of development schemes, Uttar Pradesh
chief minister Mayawati on Tuesday formed teams for dividing the
state into three zones.
A decision in this regard was taken at a high-level
meeting chaired by the chief minister in the state capital
An official spokesman here said the chief minister
appointed senior IAS and IPS officers in the teams to carry
out inspections in three zones - western, central and
Officials will start touring their assigned areas from
August 1, the spokesman said adding they will do so for six
days every month.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown